AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Friday, February 29, 2008

Honesty and Discipline

Today was my 3rd time to play airsoft. It was great because I had the chance to play 5 games not like before. But at the same time I felt bad knowing that there are new and old players who do not follow airsoft safety rules.

Before I actually play airsoft, what I did was I went first to the game site to watched and observed how this sport is being played. I have heard airsoft and seen airsoft gun before from my cousin but I have never seen him play.

That day I've seen and saw players complaining that they got hit in close range in the head, the opponent doesn't shout "hit", etc... I admit I was kind of afraid when I saw that there is a chance they you'll get shot in the eyes. That what makes me hesitant to play at first, of course nobody wants to get blind, right?

Today, sad to say that my friend had accidentally shot someone at the hips while we were on the safe zone. I'm sure that he didn't mean it but of course it was his fault because he didn't remove the magazine from his gun when he left the battlefield, no questions ask.

I know that joining this game there is a possibility of getting hurt. But the hazard can be avoided if the airsoft player knows the safety rules. I'm sure that everyone will agree with me that this sport is about honesty but beside that I think think this game should also be about discipline, inside and outside the airsoft war zone.

No comments: